I'm a product designer and a curious generalist with over a decade of experience. I like wearing many hats, both figuratively and literally, so I've been working with all sorts of product teams, agencies and consulting for large corporates over the course of my career. Most recently, I co-founded and lead product efforts at Lifetramp, a mentorship platform covered extensively by media all around the world, spawning its own national reality TV show and even a lesson plan for school kids.
I'm interested in contract as well as part- and full-time product & design roles, preferably remote but I will consider offers in Berlin, Germany. I thrive on solving business problems with design and I have experience overseeing and leading design and product teams. I can add value at any stage of your product — from helping you figure out how to translate your vision into a product, to helping you create consistent, quality product design and grow a design team.
I enjoy being on the bleeding edge of technology and constantly learning and acquiring new skills, so if you're looking for someone who isn't afraid taking on new challenges, we definitely should talk.
Areas I thrive in
- Managing design systems, design languages, style guides and branding guidelines
- Managing, mentoring and leading design and product teams with kanban, design sprints, design critiques and tight feedback loops
- User-centered product design, from conception to implementation
- Rapid prototyping, testing and developing ideas into fully fledged products
Areas I'm familiar with
Those are basically things I did before and can do, some better, some worse.
- Front-end development, especially on the design side (Sass, Less, PostCSS, creating scalable styling solutions etc.)
- Just enough user research
Things I want to be doing in the future
- Building, managing and leading design teams
- Design systems, style guides and systematizing visual languages
- Product design for fashion, e-commerce, health and fintech products
- Data-informed and goal-oriented design projects
Things I generally don't work with
- Illustration (go hire Vic, Aga or Al instead)
- Gambling, payday loan and other morally questionable businesses
Roles I'm interested in
- Senior-level product designer or design lead / VP of design
- Multidisciplinary roles focusing on the following facets: design, product, front-end, user research, marketing and content creation.
Couple of things I worked on thus far
- Co-founding & leading product efforts at Lifetramp
- Teaching user experience & product design at AGH University of Science and Technology
- Working on product design & front-end development at Lilt
- Creating branding and user experience / user interface for Mumslink
- Building a product design team and managing rebranding & redesign efforts at airfy
- Working with MING Labs on creating products and experiences for large variety of clients
- Creating brand guidelines, style guide, as well as overseeing big picture customer-centered product development at anynines
- Designing style guide and new branding guidelines for tracdelight, part of Burda Media group (owners of Elle, Vogue etc.)
- Designing initial version of ShopLove mobile shopping app that got later acquired by Burda Media group
- Working on user experience and user interface for the first ever version of Hive Bitcoin Wallet Mac OS app
I have experience speaking about product design, leading product & design teams. So far, I spoke at multiple conferences and meetups, including
- ParisWeb 2013 in Paris, France
- MobiConf 2014 in Krakow, Poland
- MOBX 2014 in Berlin, Germany
- RefreshConf 2016 in Tallinn, Estonia
- Polish Berlin Tech in Berlin, Germany
as well as countless other smaller meetups and conferences.
No proper marketing page would be done without testimonials, so here you go:
Mariusz's help came at a critical time for me when I was learning more about the daily ins and outs of the product design career. He gave me well thought out visual critiques on my portfolio and also gave me the accountability that I would actually commit to making those changes. He was readily available to help answer any questions I may had and also provided abundance of resources that helped me keep learning when we were not face to face. Oh, he's also a big fan of Adventure Time, which is always a plus.
— Ye Heon Shin, Product Designer at Meetup, who I mentored back when he was a Design Intern at Oak Studios
Mariusz has an incredibly knowledge–based approach to design, that helped me as a CTO to easily get behind the framework he built for everything from brand to product. Whenever I need to decide which design angle is best for us, Mariusz asks the right questions to get me there.
— Arvid E. Picciani, former CTO at airfy, with whom we worked together at airfy
Mariusz was an important asset for our big redesign. His code skills makes him a great hybrid to work with. Extremely self-driven and effective, and takes decisions that are perfectly aligned with our product, which is, the single most important feature I look for in designers.
— Elin Aram, Lead Designer at XYO who worked with me directly during a large XYO UI overhaul
Me somewhere else
You can find me in any given social media outlet, including but not limited to:
If that sounds like a good match for the role you're looking to hire for, let's talk.